Mervyn Birchall founded his auto electrical business in a shed in Kerikeri in 1946. The shed later became the town’s first fire station.
Two years later Mervyn moved into an ex army building and set up a partnership with David Watts providing automotive and electrical repairs and service.
In 1953 he shifted the MV Birchall Auto Electrical company to new premises in Kaikohe and specialized in auto electrical servicing. Within two years they had been appointed as the Lucas-Bosch-Delco agents.
In 1964, son Noel started his apprenticeship with the family firm and never looked back.
Noel took over the management of the company in 1980. In the meantime the company had taken on the SKF Bearings agency and added the Mesco Gas and Welding agency too. Their range of specialty welding gases and equipment including Calcium Carbide make them a leader in the field.
Today, MV Birchall has state of the art diagnostic equipment to service modern vehicles.
Bosch also provides ongoing staff training and technical backup to enable the company to stay up with the latest developments.
Add knowledgeable and friendly staff to the wide range of products and services on offer, MV Birchall have industry service second to none.